Is your wife or girlfriend planning a girl’s getaway during Visit Carlsbad’s Women’s Wellness Weekends? Here are my top five things for you and your buddies to do while she’s getting in some TLC:
1. Tour the local breweries – We all know North San Diego County has the best micro-breweries in the country, so what better way to see them than with the guys from Scavenger Beer Tours. Let SBT do the driving in their Swiss Military Pinzgauer personnel carriers while you enjoy tasty brews from Port Brewery or On the Tracks Brewery.
2. Play golf at one of Carlsbad’s five golf courses – Carlsbad has some of the best courses in the country, starting with Omni La Costa’s Champions and Legends courses; or try your skills at the Arnold Palmer-designed Aviara Golf at Park Hyatt Resort. For spectacular ocean views, you can play Carlsbad municipal course, The Crossings. But if you want a fun par-3 experience, then I recommend the Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club.
3. Take the kids to LEGOLAND California Resort – For dads with kids, I recommend going to LEGOLAND for a day of fun, roller coasters, and LEGO Star Wars. It’s a great way to show your kids that you’re the greatest dad in the world.
4. Kayak or Jet Ski Agua Hedionda Lagoon – The guys at California Watersports can set you and your buds up with kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, jet skis, and even ski boats for a fun day on Carlsbad’s Agua Hedionda Lagoon.
5. Go Surf or stand-up paddle board – Carlsbad has seven miles of beaches offering both beach and reef surf breaks. Top surf spots in Carlsbad are Ponto Beach, south and north camp grounds, Carlsbad cliffs, Terramar, Warm Waters, and Tamarack State Beach.