Also known as Barrio CARLOS, its original center was located at the corner of Roosevelt and Walnut. Most of the original population of Carlsbad consisted of farm workers, and a lot of them lived in this neighborhood.
The first families to settle in the barrio were the Ramirez and the Trejos, in 1918. By 1924 the AcuÃ±a, Mata, Aguilar, Martinez, Soto, Gastelum, Cantabrana, VillaseÃ±or, Flores and Alcaraz were resident of the area.
In 1943 the Jaureguis bought the grocery store that now is Lola's. Refugio Rochin and Manuel Castorena owned C&R Provisions. Castorena became the City's first fire commissioner, and later one of its Mayors. The museum is not open daily, visitors should call ahead to make an appointment.