Here are my top five favorite places in Carlsbad to grab a really good cup of coffee.
1. Vinaka. My favorite coffee house that also serves a mean breakfast sandwich. When the weather is warm, they roll up the garage door to let the outside in. Their coffee is always fresh and the staff is friendly.
2. Carlsbad Chocolate Bar. We featured this downtown establishment in our summer video campaign a couple of years ago. Not only will you get a great cup of coffee, you’ll find a nice selection of wines and delicious chocolates. Try their South American Organic. If you go in the morning, you’ll usually find Laura, the owner, dipping all sorts of fun foods in dark and milk chocolate.
3. La Costa Coffee Roasting. As the name implies, La Costa Coffee Roasting roasts their own coffee right on the premises. They serve very strong coffee that is sure to get you moving in the morning. They’re located next to the movie house Cinepolis so you can grab a cappuccino or latte before or after seeing a movie.
4. Park Hyatt Aviara. I love having coffee at the Park Hyatt because they serve Illy Coffee, one of my favorites. Grab a cup and take a stroll around the grounds. You’ll swear you’re in another world.
5. Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort. Recently awarded the prestigious four-diamond rating from AAA, the Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort serves Lavazza coffee, which is my second favorite coffee. You can grab a cup, sit outside, enjoy the morning, and listen to the sounds of the ocean.